Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents The James Baldwin Diary (1951-12-0) is a small diary containing a few pages of genealogical information of the Baldwin family including birth and death dates for several family members and describing how his family originally came to Litchfield. The majority of the diary is a retelling of American Revolutionary War. In part of the diary, Baldwin mentions the battle of Harlem Heights and a speech by George Washington. The diary was most likely written by James Baldwin, but the diary was most...
Dates: Created: Before 1843; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1951
Scope and Contents The William H. Cone diary (1921-41-0) contains entries by William H. Cone of Litchfield County, Connecticut in 1863 and 1864 while serving in the Connecticut Volunteers 5th Regiment Infantry, Company E during the American Civil War. He dedicates a fair amount of time to describing his daily activities in the field such as being on picket, drilling, participating in dressparades, and company inspections. Of particular interest are his entries that detail the 5th Regiment's involvement in the...
Dates: Created: 1863-1864; Other: Date acquired: 11/30/1920
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents The Elisha Frisbie Accounts and Journal (1955-37-0) contain tables documenting the number of men in Captain Seymour's militia under Elisha Sheldon from October 25th to December 25th 1776. The tables break the numbers of men down into the number sick, discharged, fit for duty, dead, etc. There are also very small entries tracking the movement of the militia, and there are also accounts of rations and money spent. There are also a number of diary entries detailing military activity for the same...
Dates: Created: 1776 Oct 25 - 1776 Dec 25; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1955
- Connecticut -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 2
- Connecticut--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 2
- Litchfield (Conn.) -- History, Military -- Revolution, 1775-1783 2
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 2
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Connecticut -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Sherman's March to the Sea 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States. Army. Connecticut Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1865) 1 ∧ less
- Baldwin, James, 1758-1843 1
- Cone, William H., 1840-1916 1
- Frisbie, Elisha, 1740-1809 1