Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Robert Cooley collection

2004-07-0

 Collection
Identifier: 2004-07-0
Scope and Contents Collection of materials purchased by Robert Cooley relating generally to Litchfield and the surrounding area. The collection includes individual 18th and 19th century letters and documents; deeds and other legal papers related to Capt. Miles Beach, 1766-1800s; photographs, including cabinet cards, cartes-de-viste, ambrotypes, daguerreotypes, tintypes loose, in cases, and/or in albums; materials related to the Coley, Tice, and Lewis family lineages and genealogy; and 19th and 20th century...
Dates: Created: 1766-1999; Other: Majority of material found in 1766-1999; Other: Date acquired: 08/04/1992

Litchfield Rarities/Bill Alexander collection

2002-21-0

 Collection
Identifier: 2002-21-0
Scope and Contents Connecticut covers (1967-1971); postcards, (circa 1903-1969); envelopes, unknown to Ransom (circa 1883), Pratt & Thompson to Ebenezer Wooster (1886), Flynn & Doyle to George R. Bailey (1913); photographs, including Litchfield High School students (circa 1880s), cabinet cards; publications and ephemera (1910s-1930s); Swamp-Root Almanacs, imprinted with Litchfield Pharmacy and Crutch & McDonald; deeds, F. Nelson B. Smith (1846), Edwin E. Pretiss (1858), and Charles Munson (1867);...
Dates: Created: 1797-1971; Other: Date acquired: 02/08/2003

Spring Hill School collection

1951-30-0

 Collection
Identifier: 1951-30-0
Scope and Contents The Spring Hill School collection (1951-30-0, .83 linear feet) documents a private school modelled on a philosophy of progressive education. Founded by Dorothy Bull and Mabel Foster Spinney in Litchfield, Conn., the school operated from 1926 to 1939. The collection includes correspondence, financial records, minutes, institutional records, brochures, and published editions of student work. The collection also contains tributes to co-founders Bull from 1934 and Spinney from 1951 and a...
Dates: Created: 1926-1940; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1951