Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 52
Elijah Adams letter
Elijah Adams, Esq. in Fishkill, New York writes to Asa Bacon, Esq. in Litchfield about a meeting at Col. Benjamin Tallmadge's house. Provides recollections about a business arrangement involving Judge Reeve, Uriel Holmes, Frederick Wolcott, Benjamin Tallmadge Ezekiel Lewis, John Landon, Aaron Smith and Julius Deming. Gives an account of attempts to collect a debt from Aaron Smith.
Cyrus Alden letter
Cyrus Alden in Litchfield writes to his brother Thomas Alden in Bridgewater, Mass. describing his trip to Litchfield and New Haven and study and expenses at Judge Reeve's Law School.
Horace Atwood letter
Letter from Horace S. Atwood in Boonsboro, Maryland dated 14 June 1826 to Guy Walker in St. Augustine, East Florida. Mr. Atwood is considering traveling to Florida and requests information about the area. His health has improved since leaving Woodbury.
Joseph Barber letter
Joseph Barber in Ashfield (Mass.) writes to John Slater in Slatersville, Rhode Island about a possible site for a mill. He describes Little Falls, New York on the Mohawk River and describes the village houses and businesses. He includes information about water privileges, turnpikes, and plots of land.
Lucy Sheldon Beach letter
Lucy Sheldon in New York writes to her mother Huldah Sheldon (Mrs. Daniel) in Litchfield about her trip by coach to New Haven and then by packet boat to New York. She gives her impressions of life in the city.
Bird family papers
Letters and deeds of the Bird family, mostly John Bird and Dr. Seth Bird.
John Bradstreet letter
John Bradstreet writes in Jan. or Feb. 1756 to Peter Van Brugh Livingston complaining that a man named Quackenbush has orders from "the General" [William Shirley] and Livingston to take sole management of the construction of additional whale boats at Schenectady. Bradstreet believes that the job is his alone and requests confirmation. Letter endorsed as received February 6.
W. Bristol note
A note from W. Bristol to Aaron Burr asking for Burr to peruse some claims and edit them. A. Burr replies in pencil with a suggestion to put his [Bristol's] name as Proctor to the claim of Jewett. There is no specific information as to the claims that may have been attached to the note.
Aaron Burr letter
Letter from Aaron Burr in New York dated 17 May 1820 to George Marsh in Albany regarding business arrangements and George Marsh's good fortune in Albany.
Edith E. Caldwell Papers
- Subject: Letters (correspondence) X
- Deeds 3
- Military commissions 2
- Account books 1
- Accounts 1
- Banks and banking -- Connecticut 1
- Boarding Houses 1
- Calligraphy (visual works) 1
- Certificates 1
- Dentistry 1
- Diaries 1
- Diplomas 1
- Episcopal Church -- Connecticut -- Litchfield 1
- Law students -- Connecticut -- Litchfield 1
- Legal documents 1
- Letters of recommendation 1
- Litchfield (Conn.) - Social life and customs 1
- Little Falls (N.Y.) -- History 1
- Military 1
- Mills and mill-work -- New York (State) -- Little Falls 1
- Notebooks 1
- Poems 1
- Report cards 1
- Rewards of merit 1
- Sermons 1
- Slavery--United States 1
- Teaching 1
- Temperance 1
- Travel--19th century 1
- United States -- History -- Korean War 1
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- Wills 1
- Women -- Connecticut -- Litchfield 1 ∧ less
- Beach, Lucy Sheldon, 1788-1889 1
- Bostwick, William, 1830-1895 1
- Caldwell, Edith E., 1885-1968 1
- Catlin, Abel, 1770-1856 1
- Champion family 1
- Deacon, Norma Strong, 1933-2010 1
- Deacon, William F., 1933-2006 1
- Fern, Fanny, 1811-1872 1
- Grant, Harriet Lucretia, 1814-1892 1
- Grant, John Mason, 1817-1878 1
- Harriman, Mary Jones Bostwick, 1833-1893 1
- Josse, Elaine Litwin 1
- Litchfield High School (Litchfield, Conn.) 1
- Litwin, Edward J., 1921-2012 1
- Malaforte, Albert 1
- Minor, Garry H. (Garry Hinman), 1802-1882 1
- Shepard, Samuel, 1772-1846 1
- Smith, B. W. 1
- Smith, S. 1
- St. Michael's Church (Litchfield, Conn.) 1
- Yale College (1718-1887) 1 ∧ less