Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 22
Scope and Contents Records of the American Revolution Bicentennial Commission of Litchfield are in two series. Series 1. Thomas Babbitt, chairman: Correspondence, minutes, subject files, decals, ephemera, drawings, and other materials. Series 2. Barbara MacDonald, commission member: Correspondence, minutes, subject files, decals, ephemera, a photograph, drawings, publications, and other materials. Also included are objects, such as a key chain, a bumper sticker, and playing cards.
Dates: Created: 1974-1977
Dates: Created: 1977-1985; Other: Date acquired: 02/08/2004
Scope and Contents The Deming, Perkins, and Quincy Families Papers document members of several prominent families who lived in the town of Litchfield, Conn. In the late eighteenth century, the patriarchs of each family earned wealth through their activities as merchants, traders, and investors, enabling them and many of the members of the next generations to live lives free from financial concern, if not outright luxury. The papers consist largely of correspondence, and also include collections of financial and...
Dates: Created: 1762-1950; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1921
Scope and Contents The records of the First Law School Society of the Children of the American Revolution include scrapbooks primarily containing photographs and news clippings; application materials and brochures; cards with members' information; minutes; organizational records; program ideas files; transparencies; newsletters; patrotic and other publications; banner; local society annual reports; correspondence; president's medal; financial records; and other items. Initial meetings of what would become the...
Dates: Created: 1971-1994; Other: Date acquired: 05/10/2010
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents A printed copy of the minutes for the Foreign Mission Society's annual meeting by James Morris, Secretary. Includes the Constitution and a list of gentlemen appointed as agents for the towns and parishes.
Dates: Created: 1815 Feb 15
Scope and Contents The Grand Army of the Republic (GAR), Seth F. Plumb Post No. 80 records document the Litchfield, Conn., post, which was active from 1886 to 1918. The collection consists of circular letters, minutes, receipts, correspondence, adjutant's reports, membership applications, constitution and by-laws, and ephemera. Includes 1891-1892 receipt book with stubs for dues paid, etc. by members name and amount paid. Minute book Jan 1, 1887 to Jan 1, 1893 and Minute book Jan 1, 1893 to Aug 1918 are housed...
Dates: Created: 1886-1918; Other: Date acquired: 01/08/1918
Scope and Contents The personal papers of Nan Ferguson Heminway (1920-2006), whose professional career spanned 50 years. She took up permanent residence in 1971 in Litchfield and decorated many historic homes. She was extensively involved with historic preservation, the Garden Club, and the Litchfield Historical Society. The papers consist of files related to Hemingway's decorating projects and professional activities and include notes, correspondence, minutes, reports, wallpaper samples, carpet samples, drawings...
Dates: Created: 1953-2003; Other: Date acquired: 05/10/2000
Scope and Contents This collection contains records and correspondence pertaining to Captain Herbert Sidney Jones, of Litchfield, Conn. Herbert Sidney Jones was born on July 22, 1893 in New York City. He attended the U.S. Naval Academy, graduating in 1916. He received his master's degree in engineering from Columbia University. He served in the U.S. Navy, and was the commander of a destroyer when he retired in 1934 for reasons of health. During WWII, he was recalled to active duty and served on the Bureau of...
Dates: Created: 1928-1975; Other: Date acquired: 11/04/1977
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents One book labeled "Ladies' Benevolent Society Secretary's Book, Vol. I, 1842-1865" and "Soldiers' Aid Association 1861-1865"; one book labeled "Ladies' Benevolent Society Secretary's Book, Vol. II, 1865-1886"; transcript of the two books. The first book includes records of the Ladies’ Benevolent Society from 1842-1859. The women who were the officers of the LBS were also the founding officers of the Soldier’s Aid Association when it began in 1861, and they continued using the same notebook to...
Dates: Created: 1842-1886; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1920
Scope and Contents The Litchfield County University Club records consist of minute books, a membership list, and scrapbooks, documenting the organziation from 1896 to 1958. Three minute books (1896-1956) also occasionally have news clippings, correspondence, and programs pasted in. Two scrapbooks (1897-1940) mainly contain news clippings, but also contain correspondence, programs, by-laws, bills, and other items. The membership list (1896-1958) is in a single volume and indicates the members' order of admission,...
Dates: Created: 1896-1958; Other: Date acquired: 01/02/2012
- Subject: Minutes X
- Litchfield Historical Society (Conn.) 3
- Litchfield Historic District Advisory Commission 2
- Litchfield Historical and Architectural Commission 2
- Quincy, Mary Perkins 2
- American Revolution Bicentennial Commission of Litchfield 1
- Babbitt, Thomas 1
- Bull, F. Kingsbury (Frederick Kingsbury), 1884-1968 1
- Champion family 1
- Champion, Henry, 1751-1836 1
- Concerned Citizens for Children (Parents Anonymous Auxiliary) 1
- Connecticut Child Welfare Association, North West Chapter 1
- Connecticut. State Highway Dept. 1
- Deming family 1
- Deming, Julius, 1755-1838 1
- First Law School Society (National Society of the Children of the American Revolution) 1
- Freemasons. Olive Branch Lodge, No. 61 (Goshen, Conn.) 1
- Freemasons. St. Paul's Lodge (Litchfield, Conn.) 1
- Grand Army of the Republic. Seth F. Plumb Post No. 80 (Litchfield, Conn.) 1
- Heminway, Nan Ferguson, 1920-2006 1
- Jones, H. S. (Herbert Sidney), 1893-1976 1
- Ladies Benevolent Society of Northfield 1
- Litchfield County University Club 1
- Litchfield Garden Club 1
- Litchfield High School 1
- Litchfield Historical Society 1
- Litchfield Horse Show Association 1
- Litchfield Law School 1
- Litchfield Senior Citizens' Club 1
- Litchfield South Association 1
- Litchfield War Records Committee 1
- MacDonald, Barbara 1
- My Country Society, Inc. 1
- National Register of Historic Places 1
- Needle and bobbin club of Litchfield 1
- Perkins family 1
- Quincy family 1
- Rockhill, Edith Perkins (Rockhill, Edith Howell Perkins) 1
- Seherr-Thoss, Hans Christoph, 1912-1992 1
- Seherr-Thoss, Sonia P., 1919-2006 1
- Women's Forum 1
- Women's Forum (Litchfield, Conn.) 1 ∧ less