Skip to main content

Sheldon, K. T. (King T.), 1860-1940 (Photographer)


Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Litchfield Green looking north

 File — Box 6, Folder: 6
Scope and Contents

Photographs looking north across the Green to North Street. Includes buildings on the north side of East Street. Photographers include N.D. Benedict (1892), Litchfield, Conn.; and K.T. Sheldon, West Winsted, Conn. Some include horses and wagons.

Dates: 1840-2000

South Plains Road site between #601 and #641

 File — Box 14, Folder: 24
Scope and Contents

This house was built in 1756 by Elijah Peck. Included are two photographs from the late 1880s or 1890s by K.T. Sheldon and labeled "Peck Homestead".  It was known as Sucker Brook Farm and later as Minty Farm. Owners included Alexis Doster until 1955; and the Carrs. There are also 7 small black & white photographs that are undated, probably in the 1950s. The house burned down before 1986 as it was not included on the Litchfield Architectural Survey.

Dates: 1840-2000

West Street, prior to 1886 fire


Identifier: 00-2015-51-0
Content Description

West Street, prior to 1886 fire (2015-51-0) Photograph of West Street, Litchfield, Connecticut prior to the 1886 fire. Image shows The Mansion House, feed and Livery Stable, dry goods - carpets - crockery - hardware, Bishop Sedg, Litchfield Enquirer, W. R. Coe meat market, F. D. McNeil & Co., and the Congregational Church. There are three horse and wagons waiting in front of the buildings. One wagon has E. B. Peck printed on its side.

Dates: before 1886

Additional filters:

Archival Object 2
Collection 1
Historic buildings -- Connecticut 1
Litchfield (Conn.) 1
Photographs 1