Skip to main content

South Plains Road site between #601 and #641

 File — Box: 14, Folder: 24

Scope and Contents

This house was built in 1756 by Elijah Peck. Included are two photographs from the late 1880s or 1890s by K.T. Sheldon and labeled "Peck Homestead".  It was known as Sucker Brook Farm and later as Minty Farm. Owners included Alexis Doster until 1955; and the Carrs. There are also 7 small black & white photographs that are undated, probably in the 1950s. The house burned down before 1986 as it was not included on the Litchfield Architectural Survey.


  • Creation: 1840-2000


Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.


From the Collection: 45 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Repository Details

Part of the Litchfield Historical Society Repository

7 South Street
P.O. Box 385
Litchfield CT 06759
860-567-3565 (Fax)