Skip to main content

North Street #94

 File — Box: 9, Folder: 17

Scope and Contents

Originally located south of North Street #47 it was used at that location in the 1780s as a store by Benjamin Tallmadge. Moved to the present location in 1811/1812 by J.C. Wadsworth for Mrs. Hallett it was owned by James C. Wadsworth (1862, 1874); in 1900 by Rev. H.D. Kilbourne; in 1920 by Julius Adenaw; and by Harmon A. Poole. Photographs include a folder of "Working Photographs ca. 1945" by Wakefield Worchester, architect; and 3 photoraphs by Richard Wurts taken in 1969. (Tallmadge Store)


  • Creation: 1840-2000


Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.


From the Collection: 45 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Repository Details

Part of the Litchfield Historical Society Repository

7 South Street
P.O. Box 385
Litchfield CT 06759
860-567-3565 (Fax)