Skip to main content

Wurts, Richard

 Person

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Milton Road #530

 File — Box: 7, Folder: 20
Scope and Contents

The house was built in 1756 by David Welch. Photographs include 2 taken by Richard Wurts in 1969 and 3 earlier ones that are undated. On the National Register of Historic Places

Dates: 1840-2000

North Street #94

 File — Box: 9, Folder: 17
Scope and Contents Originally located south of North Street #47 it was used at that location in the 1780s as a store by Benjamin Tallmadge. Moved to the present location in 1811/1812 by J.C. Wadsworth for Mrs. Hallett it was owned by James C. Wadsworth (1862, 1874); in 1900 by Rev. H.D. Kilbourne; in 1920 by Julius Adenaw; and by Harmon A. Poole. Photographs include a folder of "Working Photographs ca. 1945" by Wakefield Worchester, architect; and 3 photoraphs by Richard Wurts taken in 1969. (Tallmadge...
Dates: 1840-2000

Old South Road #149

 File — Box: 8, Folder: 22
Scope and Contents

Known historically as the Ethan Allen house, photographs include some taken about 1900 and also two by Richard Wurts taken in 1969. Later owners include Burton and Hinkle.

Dates: 1840-2000

Saw Mill Road #74

 File — Box: 14, Folder: 15
Scope and Contents

Originally located on Buell Road in East Litchfield, this house was moved to this site in 1961 and restored by Blaine & Eleanor Cota. They named it Heritance House. It was built about 1740 by Peter Buell. Owned in 2012 by Carol Bramley. Photographs include one of the house at its original location, interior views of the chimney & paneling; restoration work; and 1969 views taken by Richard Wurts.

Dates: 1840-2000