Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Richard Henry Dana papers

1997-16-0

 Collection
Identifier: 1997-16-0
Scope and Contents The Richard Henry Dana papers relate primarily to the renovation that Dana designed and supervised in 1925 and 1926 of Ludlow Bull's house at 114 North Street, Litchfield, Conn. The papers also include materials regarding design work for Bull's New York City apartment. The collection includes correspondence, drawings, specifications, orders, wallpaper samples, photographs, and other documents. The correspondence primarily consists of Dana's carbon copies to Bull and vendors regarding design...
Dates: Created: 1925-1931; Other: Date acquired: 02/07/1998

First Congregational Church of Litchfield collection

2006-18-0

 Collection
Identifier: 2006-18-0
Scope and Contents The First Congregational Church of Litchfield collection provides documentation on the church from 1845-1999, although the church was founded in 1721. The collection brings together records given by the church and a number of other donors, and includes annual reports; addresses, sermons, and discourses; several editions of the church manual and membership roll; Sunday School Library catalogue (1859) and records; histories; photographs; financial records; correspondence; and other records....
Dates: Created: 1845-1999; Other: Date acquired: 12/07/2006

Robert W. Hill lecture

00-1907-17-0

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 00-1907-17-0
Scope and Contents Robert Wakeman Hill (1828-1909) was a noted architect. He received his early education in the schools of Waterbury and attended the Young Men's Institute in New Haven. He studied architecture with Henry Austin of New Haven and A. C. Nash of Milwaukee, Wis. He returned to Connecticut in 1858 and practiced architecture for a short time in Naugatuck. In 1863, he moved to Waterbury and spent the remainder of his life there. Hill was architect for the state under Governors Bigelow, Waller,...
Dates: Created: 1906 Jul 30; Other: Date acquired: 01/01/1907