Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Architecture, Domestic -- Connecticut -- Litchfield

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Ludlow Bull house renovation papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1986-01-0
Scope and Contents The Ludlow Bull house renovation papers include detailed architectural drawings and schedules designed by Richard Henry Dana Jr. dated 1925-1926; Clay & Corigill, 1937-1938 and 1946; and a landscape plan designed by Nelva M. Weber, 1954. The Ludlow Bull house was originally built in 1793 by Julius Deming and has been known as the Deming-Perkins house and The Lindens. It is located on North Street in Litchfield, Conn.
Dates: Created: 1925-1954; Other: Date acquired: 07/01/1986

Richard Henry Dana papers

 Collection
Identifier: 1997-16-0
Scope and Contents The Richard Henry Dana papers relate primarily to the renovation that Dana designed and supervised in 1925 and 1926 of Ludlow Bull's house at 114 North Street, Litchfield, Conn. The papers also include materials regarding design work for Bull's New York City apartment. The collection includes correspondence, drawings, specifications, orders, wallpaper samples, photographs, and other documents. The correspondence primarily consists of Dana's carbon copies to Bull and vendors regarding design...
Dates: Created: 1925-1931; Other: Date acquired: 02/07/1998

Graves-Ray House Blueprints and Contracts

 Collection — Box 1
Identifier: 00-2013-81-0
Scope and Contents The Graves-Ray House Blueprints and Contracts, 2013-81-0, consists of two contracts and 13 blueprints for the building of a garage, an extension of the dining room, and alterations to the house at 153 South Street in Litchfield, CT. Ross & McNeil Architects from New York City were hired by Elbert B. Hamlin in 1915 for the renovations. Ross & McNeil were also the architects who designed the Noyes Memorial Building, the home of the Litchfield Historical Society Museum. The house was...
Dates: Created: 1915; Other: Date acquired: 10/05/2014

Litchfield photographs1

 Collection — Box 1
Identifier: 00-2011-157-0
Scope and Contents Litchfield photographs1 (2011-157-0) from circa 1900. The donor's parents were married at St. Michael's Church in 1942; mother (Francis Virginia Sidgreaves) lived on South Street; Grandmother (Mary Peal Morrow) lived on East Street. Views include South Street, North Street, northwest corner of South Street, East Park, the Hawkhurst, a resort hotel in Litchfield and 3 views of a winter ice storm.
Dates: Other: Majority of material found in circa 1900; Other: Date acquired: 02/06/2013