Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents Architectural drawing of Painter house baluster (2011-09-0) is a measured drawing on brown paper by Edw. J. Litwin in 1961. The baluster is in the museum collection. The Painter House was built circa 1684 and moved from West Haven, Connecticut to Litchfield.
Dates: Created: 1961; Other: Date acquired: 05/02/2011
Scope and Contents The Malcolm and Carol Bramley collection of Litchfield Historic District papers includes the final National Historic Landmark nomination form, 1986; National Historic Landmark draft nomination forms, 1986; National Register of Historic Places final nomination form, 1976; "The Historical Archeology of Culture and Society in the Center Village of Litchfield, Connecticut," by Russell G. Handsman, 1984; "Another City Upon a Hill: Litchfield, Connecticut, and the Colonial Revival," by William J. H....
Dates: Created: 1976-1986; Other: Date acquired: 03/10/2003
Scope and Contents The Ludlow Bull house renovation papers include detailed architectural drawings and schedules designed by Richard Henry Dana Jr. dated 1925-1926; Clay & Corigill, 1937-1938 and 1946; and a landscape plan designed by Nelva M. Weber, 1954. The Ludlow Bull house was originally built in 1793 by Julius Deming and has been known as the Deming-Perkins house and The Lindens. It is located on North Street in Litchfield, Conn.
Dates: Created: 1925-1954; Other: Date acquired: 07/01/1986
Scope and Contents The Peter A.J. Dalton-Morris architectural records (2006-49-0) consist of written and drawn project records of Dalton-Morris's professional practice situated at Beecher Lane and Woodruff Street, Litchfield, CT from 1965-2003, with additional documents dating from 1953. The majority of projects involved residences in and around Litchfield, CT, and include new houses and alterations and additions to existing houses. Dalton-Ross also created designs for several commercial projects in Litchfield...
Scope and Contents The Richard Henry Dana papers relate primarily to the renovation that Dana designed and supervised in 1925 and 1926 of Ludlow Bull's house at 114 North Street, Litchfield, Conn. The papers also include materials regarding design work for Bull's New York City apartment. The collection includes correspondence, drawings, specifications, orders, wallpaper samples, photographs, and other documents. The correspondence primarily consists of Dana's carbon copies to Bull and vendors regarding design...
Dates: Created: 1925-1931; Other: Date acquired: 02/07/1998
Scope and Contents The First Congregational Church of Litchfield collection provides documentation on the church from 1845-1999, although the church was founded in 1721. The collection brings together records given by the church and a number of other donors, and includes annual reports; addresses, sermons, and discourses; several editions of the church manual and membership roll; Sunday School Library catalogue (1859) and records; histories; photographs; financial records; correspondence; and other records....
Dates: Created: 1845-1999; Other: Date acquired: 12/07/2006
Scope and Contents The First Ecclesiastical Society records primarily document financial matters related to the First Congregational Church of Litchfield, Conn. The collection consists of correspondence, accounts, memoranda and statements, orders, promissory notes, receipts, and other items. The First Congregational Church of Litchfield was founded in 1721. Its first minister was Timothy Collins, who served until 1751. Noted clergyman Lyman Beecher was the church's minister from 1810 to 1826. The first church...
Dates: Created: 1791-1924; Other: Date acquired: 06/12/2012
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents The Graves-Ray House Blueprints and Contracts, 2013-81-0, consists of two contracts and 13 blueprints for the building of a garage, an extension of the dining room, and alterations to the house at 153 South Street in Litchfield, CT. Ross & McNeil Architects from New York City were hired by Elbert B. Hamlin in 1915 for the renovations. Ross & McNeil were also the architects who designed the Noyes Memorial Building, the home of the Litchfield Historical Society Museum. The house was...
Dates: Created: 1915; Other: Date acquired: 10/05/2014
Scope and Contents The Litchfield Community House, Inc. records (1954-45-0, .83 linear feet) document an organization that built and maintained athletic fields and operated a community building in Litchfield, Conn., from 1929 to 1958. The collection includes correspondence, blueprints, specifications, reports, clippings, ephemera, and other documents and covers 1927-1949. As early as 1927, a group of concerned Litchfield citizens, spearheaded by Frederick Kingsbury Bull, explored the idea of constructing...
Dates: Created: 1927-1958; Other: Date acquired: 04/08/1955
Scope and Contents The Plumb family papers (2006-03-0, 1.13 linear feet) consists primarily of personal papers relating to Frederick B. Plumb, Jr. (1913-2002) and his wife Marian Newton Plumb (1917-2003). Also included are items related to Frederick B. Plumb, Sr. (b.1878) and his wife Rena Plumb (1882-1975). The papers consist of tax receipts, account books, blueprints, and several certificates of achievement. Many items are related to The Grange and other agricultural groups.
Dates: Created: 1906-1982; Other: Date acquired: 11/30/2005
- Subject: Architectural drawings X
- Dana, Richard Henry, 1879-1933 4
- Litchfield Historic District Commission 2
- Bramley, Malcolm 1
- Bull, F. Kingsbury (Frederick Kingsbury), 1884-1968 1
- Clay & Corigill 1
- Dalton-Morris, Peter A. J. 1
- First Congregational Church (Litchfield, Conn.) 1
- First Ecclesiastical Society (Litchfield, Conn.) 1
- Hadden, Gavin, 1888-1956 1
- Litchfield Community Field 1
- Litchfield Community House, Inc. 1
- Litchfield Historical Society (Litchfield, Conn.) 1
- Litwin, Edward J., 1921-2012 1
- National Historic Landmarks Program (U.S.) 1
- National Register of Historic Places 1
- Plumb, Frederick B. (Frederick Buell), 1913-2002 1
- Seherr-Thoss, Sonia P. 1
- Weber, Nelva M. 1 ∧ less